Sunday, December 17, 2006

I Wanna Crya

When I look at my sitemeter, I find a large proportion of the barely-double-digit visitors I have each day have found their way to the hallowed halls of Journal Wunelle by way of a Google search for "I wanna singa."

What the fuck?

I have never, prior to this present post, written the words I wanna singa. On this blog or anywhere else. Ever. It seems that a commenter of old wrote the words in response to this post a year ago about Looney Tunes, and that now seems to be the handle by which the great unwashed masses have found their way, two-by-two, Noah's Silly Ark style, to our door.

After all the posts about Douglas's fabulous DC-8, about all the angry W-bashing, all the bad cameraphone photos of architectural detritus strewn about the country, it appears I will go down in a sub-footnote of internet history as the guy who let someone else write "I wanna singa" on his blog.

(Now I'm really gonna get the hits.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My most common search? 'Scootercar Sex Kitten.' I kid you not.

Now you get it, too!

Joshua said...

My most common is for a review of a pedal bike I did.

But my most bizaare is for "Pictures of naked old people"

That was not a random, one time hit, but actually a series of differect IPs looking for that very same thing.

wstachour said...

Scootercar Sex Kitten. Man, you got me beat there! I hesitate to inquire if you have solved that puzzle... (or is there just something you're not telling us? ;-)

And Pictures of naked old people is, well, a disturbing search criterion to say the least!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ... unfortunately, it's not a real kitten, just the name of a Bill Nelson song. If only my real life were so interesting ...!

Anonymous said...

If you want real traffic, drop celebrity names into your posts.

I called the NC SBI over a Wordaholism Google hit once.